Canada One Travel clients and staff are cordially invited to submit their favourite, tried, loved recipes from all over the world.
Please submit your recipe to Irene Ling, firstname.lastname@example.org Please include photo(s) if possible. We appreciate them!
We thought we'd share this festive way to serve your vegetables with a healthy dip such as a plant-based hummus (Pictured, above).
Vegan Almond Feta Cheeze
With the festive season fast approaching, family and friends are busy planning parties and get-togethers. For those who are lactose intolerant or choose to follow a plant-based diet, the following cheese recipe is a great alternate to dairy cheese.
1 cup raw almonds, soaked & skins removed ( any kinds of mild flavoured nuts, macadamia, cashew etc)
a quarter cup of lemon juice
1 clove garlic
1 tsp sea salt
a quarter cup of olive oil
1 Tbs fresh thyme
1 Tbs fresh rosemary
1. Soak almonds in water overnight.
2. Peel almond skins off of almonds by squeezing almonds in between fingers.
3. Puree peeled almonds, lemon juice, 3 T olive oil, garlic, salt and half cup water in blender or food processor for 5 minutes or until really creamy.
4. Place a triple layer of cheesecloth in strainer and spoon almond mixture onto cheesecloth (or place in a nut milk bag).
5. Bring sides together twist into an orange-sized ball and secure with a twist tie.
6. Chill for several hours.
7. Take out of cheese cloth & form into a 6” round of cheese, about three-quarter inch thick & place on plate (or you can dehydrate it at 40 degrees Celsius for 4-6 hours to harden it up).
8. Combine 1-2 Tbs olive oil with herbs & drizzle over your cheese ball.
9. Serve with veggies, crackers or cut up for on top of salad. It replaces feta cheese in Greek salad.
Warning: It goes fast! One cheeze may not be enough!
If you try one of these recipes, please consider your own allergies and sensitivities to the listed ingredients.